Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is undertaking a large-scale service analytics and big data platform initiative called ‘Nokia AVA’ and serving thousands to tens of thousands of internal and external users. This platform will enable Nokia and its customers to build the next generation of services for telecommunications and beyond, including transport, connected health and broader IOT. You will be joining a very dynamic and growing team of talented individuals, setting up state-of-the-art solutions for outstanding customer experience.
The role is instrumental to build the future Cloud based capability for Global Services (GS). GS is rapidly moving more and more of the workload onto cloud and is also having cloud as the key development basis for new solutions.
The role owner will work in close cooperation with IT, GS cloud functions, AVA development and external cloud providers to further define and refine cloud capability and utilization across all of GS
Defining an appropriate cloud infrastructure available for all of GS needs
- Constantly developing cloud architecture to keep it viable for all internal GS needs and to align with architectural developments in adjacent fields and any stakeholder organizations
- Consulting towards internal stakeholders and possibly customers on best practices and expected capability in line with agreed architectural principles
- Defining, tracking and advising in implementation of different cloud platforms and providers for GS needs
- Keeping documentation up to date in close cooperation with internal and external cloud partners and providing training materials where needed
- Presenting overall direction and drivers to any stakeholder be it internal or external
Working closely with architecture and development teams to further both refine existing services and develop capability to add new services.
Applicants will need
- very good understanding of the cloud stack and cloud computing (VMWare and Openstack as primary), including experience on working in a private cloud environment; previous understanding of telco cloud principles a bonus
- an understanding of hybrid cloud principles
- a thorough experience of cloud environments and practices
- good knowledge of requirements management and prioritization
- good presentation skills combined with outward facing attitude and ability to convince different stakeholders from executives to technical experts
- to understand the setup of global cloud providers like Amazon AWS, MS Azure.