Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is undertaking a large-scale service analytics and big data platform initiative called AVA and serving thousands to tens of thousands of internal and external users. This platform will enable Nokia and its customers to build the next generation of services for telecommunications and beyond, including transport, connected health and broader IOT. You will be joining a very dynamic and growing team of talented individuals, setting up state-of-the-art solutions for outstanding customer experience.
The Solution Consultant is responsible for the offering as well as successful and timely delivery of applications and/or solutions developed on a large-scale service analytics platform for various customers across the globe. Responsibilities include customer consulting, solution guidance and recommendations, project plan set-up and follow-up, progress report, issue resolution or escalation, and overall customer relation management.
Solution Consultant Responsibilities and Duties
- Assesses and responds to request for quotation or proposal supporting mostly external but also internal customer demands in close relationship with Nokia global sales teams
- Understands the customer’s business context, objectives, requirements and derives their actual needs
- Identifies the best possible customer solution leveraging the AVA platform’s existing portfolio of applications & services or seeks and organizes for the delivery of a customer specific development
- Defines an achievable delivery plan with the customer including a step-wise approach as needed and sets up the associated project plan in coordination with all internal stakeholders involved in the targeted delivery
- Drives and follows-up on the execution of the project plan, resolves or escalates problems timely
- Organizes regular progress meetings with all stakeholders (customers, management and involved teams)
- Supports customers through the delivery process and plays a key role in the solution adoption after go-live
- Creates & maintains a tight customer relationship and builds trust & confidence to foster up-sales
- Works harmoniously in a large cross-functional team including managers, supervisors, business analysts, systems personnel, network staff, and other developers
Agile learner and recognized expert with ability to promote the benefits of the AVA Platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications or a business-related field
- Min. 6 years’ experience in a comparable role such as pre-sales or consulting
- Broad knowledge of the telecommunication industry, particularly network and service operations and capable to build the bridge towards advanced analytics solutions
- Fully conversant with analytics and new technologies, strong knowledge of industry trends including products and services on Nokia’s core business
- Strong general pre-sales and consulting skills that include business case development, business analysis skills, solution design and process mapping
- Business orientation and good understanding of Nokia's organization and processes
- Ability to drive, strong influencing skills and able to lead without formal power and line authority
- Sound methodical skills with attention to detail and process requirements
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure timely deliveries
- Comfortable with working with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment of a global matrix organization with sensitivity and partnering
- Excellent presentation, networking and communication skills
- High energy, initiative, enthusiasm and persistence. English mandatory, 1-2 additional languages are favorable
Apply for this Position
To apply for this position, fill out this form and upload a copy of your resume. The preferred format is .pdf or .doc.