JOB TITLE RPA Lead Developer
REPORTS TO Capita RPA – Development Manager
LOCATION Fort Dunlop, Birmingham
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The RPA Lead Developer will be responsible for technically leading the implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions. This will combine hands on design and implementation with day to day leadership of a development and test team. The role will require working with business analysts and clients to understand business requirements, solution architects to design RPA solutions to fit within varying enterprise architectures, project managers to follow an agile implementation methodology and development/test resource to drive the implementation of efficient, transformational, robust and extendable RPA solutions.
The role is part of an exciting new and growing team created to deliver RPA across the whole of Capita and to external customers. Capita RPA is located at Fort Dunlop, Birmingham but some travel and working at Capita sites around the UK will be required. Some home/remote working will also be possible.
What you will do:
- Work closely with business analysts and client representatives to understand how RPA is proposed to be applied to a business area.
- Collaborate closely with solution architects to understand the technical landscape and to design an RPA solution that will deliver the business requirements.
- Follow a scrum methodology through an agile implementation lifecycle.
- Support product backlog creation, sprint planning, daily stand-ups and day to day technical leadership of the implementation team.
- Lead in the implementation of reliable, efficient, reusable and extendable RPA solutions.
- Drive best practice but be creative and strive to continuously improve RPA implementations and the team approach.
- Lead, inspire, educate and encourage junior resources.
- Ensure quality is built into implementations and validated through testing.
- Lead by example through the implementation of best practice components and solutions.
- Track how RPA and related technologies such as AI are evolving and identify how these evolutions can be used within Capita solutions.
- Line manage a small implementation team
Your experience will include:
- Must have experience of designing and delivering RPA solutions using a recognised leading RPA platform, preferably UiPath.
- Experience leading an RPA implementation team from requirements understanding through to delivery and into support.
- Significant experience in software design and development using technologies such as C#, .NET, Web Services, Windows Workflow and other related technologies.
- Good knowledge and experience of SQL database technologies including MS SQL Server and associated tools such as SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise software solutions.
- An appreciate of best practice and how to ensure it is followed across the team.
- Experience of planning and organising own and the team’s workload to meet a given brief.
- Experience of line managing a small team
- The ability to manage own time between hands on implementation and supporting the team with their own implementations.
- Practical knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Good communication skills with the ability to inspire confidence from the team and clients.
- Education to degree level in a subject with a significant software engineering element.
- Experience designing and delivering RPA solutions across a range of RPA platforms such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Nice, Kapow or Pega.
- Scrum certification
- Technology inspired
- Disciplined execution
- Effective communication
- Collaboration, builds relationships at all levels
- Strong customer focus
- Credibility – able to influence others
- Performance, drive and results orientated
- Accountable – takes responsibility for own actions