The RPA Developer will be responsible for implementing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions. This will combine hands on design, implementation and testing of automations across many business areas. The role will require working with business analysts and clients to understand business requirements, solution architects and technical leads to design RPA solutions to fit within varying enterprise architectures, project managers to follow an agile implementation methodology and test/support resource to drive the implementation of efficient, transformational, robust, extendable and maintainable RPA solutions.
The role is part of an exciting new and growing team created to deliver RPA across the whole of Capita and to external customers. It is head quartered out of Fort Dunlop, Birmingham but travel and working at Capita sites around the UK will be required. Some home/remote working will also be possible.
What you will do:
- Work closely with business analysts and client representatives to understand how RPA is proposed to be applied to a business area.
- Collaborate closely with solution architects and technical leads to understand the technical landscape and to implement RPA solutions that will deliver the business requirements.
- Follow a scrum methodology through an agile implementation lifecycle.
- Support product backlog creation, sprint planning, stand-ups and positively contribute to the team on a daily basis.
- Utilise the RPA design tools, from platforms such as UiPath and Blue Prism, to implement efficient and reliable RPA workflows and automations.
- Use software developments tools to build user interfaces and advanced automations to extend the capabilities and functionality of the overall solution.
- Follow best practice but be creative and strive to continuously improve RPA implementations and the team approach.
- Inspire, educate and encourage more junior team members.
- Ensure quality is built into implementations and validated through testing.
Your experience will include:
- Experience implementing and validating software solutions.
- Experience in software design and development using technologies such as C#, .NET, Web Services, Windows Workflow, SQL Server and other related technologies.
- Experience within a team environment but with a proven ability to manage own work and on time delivery.
- An appreciate of good practice and how to consistently apply to own work.
- Experience of working within an Agile implementation environment, ideally with experience of Scrum and tools such as Jira.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work within a technical team but also to be able to communicate with non-technical client contacts.
- Education to degree level in a subject with a significant software engineering element.
- Experience of projects that use technology to transform end to end business processes through automation and integration.
- Ideally practical experience in the delivery of RPA solutions.
- Technology inspired
- Disciplined execution
- Effective communication
- Collaboration, builds relationships at all levels
- Credibility – able to influence others
- Performance, drive and results orientated
- Accountable – takes responsibility for own actions